A man electrocuted in Quebec

A man was electrocuted Sunday morning in Quebec, while he was working on the backyard of his home. He was taken to the hospital, but there is no fear for his life.
The Quebec City Police Service (SPVQ) reiterates the importance of following Hydro-Québec’s instructions closely for work involving an electricity pole.

The resident of rue des Pruches received an electric shock from his right hand to his right foot after the electric pole that he cut fell on a medium-voltage electrical wire. The incident occurred around 10:30 am

Firefighters were the first to arrive at the scene. They quickly issued a security perimeter. The man was conscious during the operation and had no major visible injuries. He was transported to a hospital center for additional assessments.

Hydro-Québec arrived at the scene to isolate the wire and clear the post.

It is possible to consult the Hydro-Québec site to know what to do in case of an electrical accident, the severity may vary.

In a case such as this one, if the victim seems unscathed, but felt the flow in his body, it is recommended to go to the emergency room of a hospital as soon as possible. It is also recommended that the victim be accompanied by a witness of the accident who can inform the medical staff of the circumstances of the electrification.

To avoid electric shocks, it is sufficient to adequately analyze the work envisaged when they involve a power tool. In case of doubt, you must check with reliable sources to avoid accidents.

Share Button
Previous Article
Next Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *