The Catalan Derby is always the fans look forward to. “Barcelona” in this season looks not always convincing. Espanyol was pleasantly surprised at the start of the championship. Our forecast will help assess the balance of forces before the match.
Very confident votives in season, the parrots immediately joined in the fight for a place in the European Cup zone. Long team has ever managed to climb so high, but to stay in the leading group she could not. In came the recession.
Wards ruby three times in a row are unable to replenish its balance sheet, including in the home Derby against Girona (1:3). “White-blue” ended an impressive winning streak at home, and the situation of Espanyol worsened, leaving the borders of the coveted six.
Perhaps, having achieved success in the Cup match with “Cadiz” (1:0), he will restore your morale.
Striker Sergio Garcia and Central defender Naldo continue to restore health.
“Blue garnet” can’t feel completely safe. In the last round they understood at the stadium “camp Nou” with “Villarreal” (2:0), was ahead in the standings Sevilla.
The intrigue in the fight for the championship does not die. The recent strengthening of real Madrid very soon may compete with the leader, and the closest followers ready at any moment to use the misfire of wards of Ernesto Valverde.
Not impressive results shown Barcelona away from home. This season in road games only twice, she ensured the safety of their gate.
In General, the group returned striker Luis Suarez and midfielder Arthur. Close to a recovery defender Samuel Umtiti. Not ready to leave right lateral Sergi Roberto, right-winger Malcolm and Central halfback Rafinha.
Statistics and personal meetings
- Espanyol won six of seven matches this season.
- In four of the six matches Espanyol won with the score 1:0.
- “Barcelona” won in the Example only one of their last four away matches.
- In their last five away matches of “Barcelona” in the championship were scored by both teams.
- Espanyol have not lost to Barcelona at home in the last two games.
- Only one of their last six face-to-face matches were scored more than three goals.