Photo: Graham Hughes The canadian Press
Christian Dubé has indicated that a decision would be made in the next few days on the bars, with the re-opening was authorised on the 25th of June.
Worried about the rising cases of COVID-19, especially in the Greater Montreal, minister of Health, Christian Dubé does not preclude the idea of ordering the closure of the bars. But before taking such a decision, he intends to get a more accurate portrait of the outbreaks in these institutions.
Crossing to the mobile testing site Leuven Thursday, the minister said that it had asked the national director of public health, Horacio Arruda, to determine what were the places where outbreaks of the outbreak had been detected. According to him, it is important to know if a significant portion of these cases is attributable to the bars.
“I’m a little worried of the trend that I see in the case of daily, he explained. I have not yet made the links between the increase of cases and bars. […] Is it possible to make a correlation between what’s happening in the bars, before and after measurements ? I want to give a chance to everyone. “
Thursday, there were 142 new cases of contamination have been identified in Québec. Up to now, the regional Branch of the Montreal public health has identified 45 cases in connection with the bars, in addition to the five cases related to the Mile Public House, in the Montérégie region. Approximately 14 bar have been struggling with at least one case of contamination. One institution has even had up to 12 cases.
“I had warned the associations of bars that we will not tolerate any danger that would come from the bars. But at the same time, I have to give the chance to the rider. There are those who have done good work in the last week “, added the minister.
Christian Dubé has indicated that a decision would be made in the next few days on the bars, with the re-opening was authorised on the 25th of June. “We will not wait, if we are able to be confident that the trend that we see is on the rise “.
Regarding the recent kerfuffle surrounding the screening, the minister explained that, given the reduction in the number of tests carried out in recent weeks, the emphasis had been put on the employees of the network and the foreign workers : “But, we need to [re-examine] our strategy because the people want without an appointment. We have a living proof for a few days “.
“It’s a bit of a victim of the excellent response rate of the population. I’m glad to see the queues ? The answer is no. It is for this reason that I am on the ground to see and hear what’s happening, ” he said.
He informed that the opening hours of screening clinics would be extended and that additional staff would be called to work for it. “I did not like the images that I saw yesterday queues. I asked to have a management of the files, that there are ways that people are sitting [and] that it is more enjoyable. They take the time to come and get tested. We are going to respond better [about] the way in which it is used. “
Other details will follow.
To see the video