The United States has imposed sanctions against Russian citizens and Russian companies for the attack Ukrainian ships and capture sailors approach to the sea of Azov and the Russian aggression. The U.S. Treasury unveiled the list.
“Today’s step is aimed at individuals and entities that play an important role in the unwarranted attacks on the Russian Ukrainian naval vessels in the Kerch Strait, the annexation of Crimea and the support of the illegal separatist elections in Eastern Ukraine. These actions complement the sanctions that are taken today by the European Union and Canada, and emphasize the strength and dedication of the transatlantic partnership to counter further destabilizing behavior of Russia “, — reported in the Ministry of Finance of the USA, reports pack.
All property and interests in property of specified persons is blocked, and in the United States are prohibited from conducting transactions with them. In the list of individuals includes:
- Gennady Medvedev, Deputy Director of border service of Federal security service of Russia;
- Sergei Stankevich, head of the border service of FSB of Russia;
- Andrey Shein, Deputy head of the border service and the head of Department of a coast guard of FSB of Russia.
- Ruslan Romashkin, head of the control command of the FSB in the Crimea and Sevastopol.
“Medvedev and Stankiewicz directly controlled and organized attack on Ukrainian ships and their crews, and Shein participated in the operation to seize Ukrainian ships and crews,” — said in American Finance.
The list also included Russian defense firms with activities in the occupied Crimea, some of them appropriated to the Ukrainian state assets to help the military of the Russian Federation:
- Yaroslavsky shipyard, which built vessels for the Federal security service and Ministry of defense of Russia;
- Zelenodolsk shipyard them. Bitter — one of the largest manufacturers of ships in Russia, produces for the Russian Navy frigates and corvettes.
- JSC “Concern okeanpribor” — the manufacturer of hydroacoustic equipment and supplies components for the Russian Navy.
- OAO “Zvezda” is the supplier of diesel engines for the Russian Navy.
- JSC “Fiolent Plant” — manufacturer of electronics in the Crimea, supplying parts for use in the Russian military equipment. Fiolent was misappropriated by the Russian Federation after the annexation of Crimea in 2014.
- “Sudokompozit” Crimean defense manufacturer of components supplied for Russian military use. Was misappropriated by the Russian Federation after the annexation of Crimea.
- “SK Console-Stroy LTD” — one of the largest construction companies of the Crimea.
- “New projects” — has a license to carry out geological studies, exploration and production of hydrocarbon raw materials in the Black sea.
On 15 March, the EU imposed sanctions against eight Russian citizens involved in the conflict, which occurred in the Black sea. In the list of Russian military and border guards, in particular, the commander of the southern military district Alexander Janitors and head of the border Department of the FSB in the Crimea and Sevastopol rear Admiral Sergei Stankevich.
Earlier, the President of the United States Donald trump for a year extended sanctions against Russia for the occupation of the Ukrainian Peninsula of Crimea, undermining democratic values and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
The total damage to the Russian economy from sanctions has reached more than $ 6 billion, from the Ukrainian sanctions — about $775 million.